Swedish Massage Training – Minneapolis MN
Starts November 5th, 2019
Investment – $2700 – paid in full
$2900 – payment plan
*$500 deposit required at time of application
*Payment plan option is $200 charge
*Final tuition balance due in full before August 1st
*Acceptable payments by check, PayPal or Venmo
For more information, or to apply to the program contact:
Director Jaina Portwood 612-845-8175
This CEU course will provide you with foundational training to take the national exam. Information on the national exam can be found at http://www.ncmtmb.com. Most full-time year-long programs are 900 hours. You will be learning an abbreviated version of that course work, which will satisfy continuing education credits, and prepare you fully to give an educated, therapeutic, full-body, 60 minute massage.
Learn basic techniques to deliver a 60 minute professional Swedish Massage. The course is designed for bodywork professionals looking to add to their massage repertoire. We will study technique, theory, modifications, contraindications, hands on practicum, and both Western and Eastern anatomy & physiology. There is also a portion on energy work, and Thai stretches. Swedish Massage is a full body treatment performed on a massage table. It involves relaxation techniques such as effleurage and petrissage as well as more technical trigger-point muscle manipulation. 100 contact hours are on site with Jaina during the designated hours. The remaining 100 hours are home study and massage practice, and can be completed in any time frame.
- Study of basic western anatomy and physiology, including structural nomenclature, basic kinesiology, bones, major muscle groups, major synovial joints, 4 tissue types, and how body systems relate to each other. We will study why massage works for improving the health of the body as a whole.
- Physiological, mental, and emotional philosophy and purpose around receiving Swedish Massage
- Eastern anatomy and physiology and energetics
- Client intake, SOAP notes, and profesional documentation of treatments
- Physiological, mental, and emotional philosophy and purpose around receiving massage
- Contraindications and common pathologies
- Pre and post natal considerations
- Learn healthy self care and body mechanics
- Professional draping techniques and room etiquette
- Essentials for setting up your therapy space
- Develop one’s intuition and innate healing powers with working on a client
- Discuss ethical considerations, transference and countertransference
- Incorporating heat into your therapy
- Incorporating Thai Massage Stretches on table and floor
- Use of Essential Oils
Jaina Portwood has been practicing massage therapy since 1998, and has worked in many different settings, clinical, spa, and private practice. She brings a wealth of experience to this training and is thrilled to study with you! We will keep the group small, to assure you get really attentive and professional training.
Textbooks are optional, but recommended. Most of the work we’ll be doing is hands on, although this supplemental reading will be helpful as you move forward with your studies. We will also be providing you with a course manual:
1.) Anatomy: A Regional Atlas of the Body 6th Edition by Clemente
2.) Body Mechanics for Manual Therapists: A Functional Approach to Self-Care and Injury Prevention by Barbara Frye
3.) The Educated Heart: Professional Boundaries for Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers by Nina McCintosh
4.) Massage Therapists Guide to Pathology: Critical Thinking and Practical Application by Ruth Werner
5.) Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch by Donna Finando
6.) Clinical Massage Therapy: Understanding, Assessing and Treating over 70 conditions by Fiona Rattray
For more information or to register contact Jaina Portwood 612-845-8175 email@example.com
This program WILL FILL UP FAST and space is limited, so apply today!