Dominica Island Yoga & Wellness Retreat
December 27, 2023 – January 3, 2024
Bring in the New Year with rejuvenation! Join us for a 7 day Yoga and Wellness Retreat on the island of Dominica.
We will be staying in Jungle Bay villas, nestled in a garden of Eden, on the island of Dominica. Experience adventure and rejuvenation like none other. Hike gorgeous trails, snorkel Champagne reef, soak in mineral springs, immerse your senses during the herbal tea tasting, explore hidden waterfalls, indulge in daily aromatherapy massages, experience Caribbean cooking classes, and unwind with sunset yoga. Our study focus for the week is Yoga Sutras Philosophy & Tantric Meditation Practices.
Dominica offers the ultimate Caribbean adventure. Hike tropical rainforests, bird watch, and explore mountain pools and waterfalls or take to the water for kayaking, snorkeling, diving and whale watching.
As one of the most lush escapes in the Windward Islands, Dominica is truly an untouched escape where adventurous explorers and wellness enthusiasts alike can discover a deeper connection. Though it’s remote location is exactly what makes it so intriguing, seasonal travel schedules can make retreats here a reality.
Dominica has two airports: Douglas Charles Airport (DOM), which accommodates most of the international travel, as well as Canefield Airport (DFC), a smaller commuter option near the capital city of Roseau. Plan to arrive the morning of December 27th. International flights are not included.
Jungle Bay is located on the southwest coast of Dominica above the village of Soufriere. Airport transfers are included in retreat price.
Your Retreat includes:
- Transfer service to/from the Airport/Ferry Terminal upon arrival/departure
- Single accommodation in one of our Private Luxurious Eco Villas
- All your organic meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) inclusive of fresh tropical juices
- Hikes and activities (in example hiking to hidden waterfalls or the world-famous Boiling Lake, sea kayaking, snorkeling at the famous Champaign Reef, and diving.)
- Morning and evening yoga sessions with Jaina
- Spa services available at an additional cost – including the option to receive a relaxing and rejuvenating half-hour spa treatment every day during your stay
Travel and Leisure Magazine calls Jungle Bay “A sustainably designed luxury resort with villas outfitted in immaculately handcrafted wooden and woven furniture and decor. The property is known as the Edible Resort, so try the garden tour where the head of landscaping leads a discovery walk to see more than 75 varieties of local plants and trees on the property, offering many freshly picked fruits and spices along the way. During the Herbal Experience, you’ll learn and try traditional, local remedies and make your own tea blend from herbs and flowers grown on site.”
7am Coffee or Tea
8am Yoga & Meditation
10-4pm Leisure Activities (infinity pool, beach) or Optional Group Excursions (hike, boat, snorkeling)
4pm Yoga Workshop
7pm Spa or Relax
Breathe deeply and leave your worries behind in the barefoot luxury of our Dominica villas—your private hideaway set in a tropical forest overlooking the marine sanctuary of Scotts Head and Soufriere. It’s the perfect spot to unplug from everything, as you reconnect to yourself, one another, and nature.
- Hand-Painted Bedding By Artisans
- Palm Tree-Inspired Lamps Handmade In Dominica
- Bamboo Furnishings
- Spacious Patios
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Desk Or Table
- Mini Refrigerator
- Air Conditioning
- Luxurious Natural & Biodegradable Body Products
Your retreat includes:
• Accommodations for 7 nights (Villa Rooms or Suites – see rates below)
· Pick-up and drop-off from airport
· Full daily Breakfast, lunch & dinner & fresh island fruit juices
· Three Off-Site Adventure Group Excursions (hiking, snorkeling, etc.)
· One 30-minute Spa Treatment
· On-site activities such Medicinal Herbs & Teas Experience, Nature Walks, Caribbean Cooking Class
· Twice Daily yoga & meditation with Jaina & props provided (yoga mats, blocks, blankets & straps)
Registration details (prices include everything listed above, except international airfare)
$2750 per person based on double occupancy (twin beds or king size)
$3595 per person based on single occupancy.
$3395 per person double occupancy (twin beds or king size)
$4900 single occupancy.
Deposit to hold your spot is $1000.
Details about refund policies and payments can be found here:
Please send payment via Venmo to @Jaina-Portwood and let me know which type of accommodation you want to reserve.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to save your spot!
No visit to Dominica would be complete without an opportunity to experience all that makes this island unique, including its enticing music, impressive handicrafts, Creole cuisine and immersive art community.